Image by FotoosVanRobin via Flickr
- 10 WordPress Plugins for Encouraging Comments On Your Blog | Caroline Middlebrook
For those wanting to promote a sense of community at their blogs by encouraging participation and commentary, Caroline has rounded up a good set of plugins if you’re hosting your own WordPress blog.
- 6 Essential Websites to Help you Get your Blog Noticed | MakeUseOf.com
Starting a blog is extremely easy. Getting it noticed though is something else entirely.
- Blog Carnival – Carnival List
The metalist of blog carnivals that are available and looking for participants
- Freelance Bloggers: 12 Tips to Promote Your Work With Social Media
For people looking to expand their readerships, it’s time to make new friends, network and do the hard work of getting involved in social media marketing
- OpenID Status Check: A Guide to Getting and Using Your OpenID – ReadWriteWeb
Your bonus feature for the MKTG2032/MKTG7037 has been the OpenID device you acquired when I asked you to set up a blog at Blogger or WordPress.
- The Five Components Of A Great Linkbait
Advice on making content worth other people’s time
- Why Linking Out To Other Content Is A Great Thing To Do | Performancing.com
The how and why of making outbound links work for encouraging blog traffic back to your homebase
Advice on social media, and a set of references for anyone planning on doing the social media orientated essay questions.
Advice on using the social networking approach to raising your profile. Note: You’ll need to be electronically gregarious for these strategies to work for you.